 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12782
Re: OT - "Newton Week"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:35:57 GMT

So i was working hard here at work; when I found this link:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6835

YES.  this is an idea who's time has come.

<snip>

K, i change my vote--he's still overthinking the plumbing.

dear sweet misguided dave...

allow me to show you were your   W R O N G !!!

Here's the thing--I heard this proposal 4 years ago--a new calendar and it works
like this

what you read about 4 years ago was one of MANY such proposals that have tried
to re-jiggle the calander.

~IF~ you actually READ the article it discuss's why the other fail. they all
MESS TOO MUCH with the exisiting format.

All months would have 28 days--exactly 4 weeks per month

Add a month for 13 months

And what you get is that all days of all months fall on the same day--
Sunday is always the 1st, 8, 15, 22,
Monday is always the 2nd, 9, 16, 23,
Tuesday is always the 3rd, 10, 17, 24
etc...

That gives us 364 days.

And one day a year would be 'Sol' day--a day off--probably after Dec 28 and
before Jan 1.

And every 4 years would have 2 'Sol' days (accounting for the leap year)--the
second 'sol' day could be wherever in the calendar

Keep it simple, smartguy.

Dave K

I like this guys idea.... its the LEAST offensive.   it still keeps your idea of   numbers on days of weeks... but also allows for a bit of "spice" by kicking it up a notch with the 30/31 month swing.

not over worked at all. and cause its so close to what we have now... just might
work!

I declare TODAY x-useday! (tm c R pat-pending)

and as such. (being x-useday)  its a day off.

BYE! I'm going home.

Chris.