 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1265
1264  |  1266
Subject:
rtl8 'bot pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 03:18:21 GMT

K, now that i'm thru laughing from reading Chris's post (and then
subsequently Calums, who hit the proverbial nail on the head when he says
that I'm into trians and that rtlTorontoTrain2 will be *the* event of year
2K1)...
I've uploaded my pics from the match

here:

http://24.141.26.239/rtl0106.htm

few descriptions but i got lazy and didn't do all the pics.

but that's okay.

did i mention i love my frame o' gears?

i'm a pretty happy train guy right now.
(taunt taunt)

and again, thanks to the organizers, Calum and Chris who always do such a
great job on these things...

few more ideas to stir the pot...

general audience members like to see action.  they want to see stuff
happening...
when all those 'bots were scurrying arouind on the playfield, they were
impressed.
when the factory was working, there were 'oohs' and 'ahhhs'...
we need more action people!  we need thrills and excitement if we want to
draw in street folk.

we need to give 'em a great bang for their buck (or lack thereof)

or we could say we do this just for us and the entertainment value for
walk-ins is secondary...

i don't care 'cause i'm off in lemmingland.

i show up just to hear the mockage factor

i show up to be wooed by Iain and Rob's 'bots.

i'm there just to take up space with my stuff and to check out different
ways of making bumpers--really liked Ka-On's front touch sensor setup

i go to these things to sniv ideas for my next robot--oh wait, i'm building
trains now... no need for that....

at this exact time i'm not in a rush to take apart runamok 3.

trains to build and all that.
'hey dave'
'yeah?'
'whatcha doin'?'
'trains man!  trains is where it's at...'

come on over to the dark side.. the weather's nicer over here.

dave
-'bot building super genius who threw away all his snivving 'bot building
idea talent to build trains

life, as someone keeps on insisting, goes on