 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1249
1248  |  1250
Subject:
rtlToronto....robotics event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:01:25 GMT

I'd like to be the first to give my impressions and thoughts from the show...

It was a great show guys....much Kudo's to Chris Magno for putting out an
excellent event...
as far as event organization....especially a robotic event...I have no choice
but to give you 2 Big Thumbs UP....superb JOB...

however, on robot strategy...I give you one thumb down....your strategy SUCKed
:)

Oh well...as well as being well organized, the show was quite fun to see
(even though I had no 'bots to show off or participate with)
Chris' teammate made an excellent block launcher...unfortunately it didn't
get to be put into actual use because Chris' robots kept on getting stuck!!

I would like to add that Rob's robot...was pretty cool...it was <MY> favorite
bot of the competition...
The overall Winner, Dave <Koudys> was flawless and had the best functioning
robot....even though his "suck and dumper strategy" paid off only once...

As far as event location...it was absolutely perfect....

The library was gorgeous...the event room was very, VERY large.
And there were quite a few spectators watching the show...none of them
directly criticizing Chris on his performance, but a lot of kids laughing at
the results of Chris' strategy.

I'll have to agree 100% with Calum, in having the site here for train2...
unless the new library in Etobicoke is available... hmmm....

we went to Mel's afterwards, and that was pretty nice too because a few of
us gave pseudonames <for special orders!!>

I'd have to conclude that in General...the event was excellent despite not
having a robot....

ohhh and I had just as much fun getting there...I drove from St. Catharines
to Mississauga and got on the GO Train....to Union Station, and took the
Subway to College Street.

One final note....I spent 14 on transit fair (a day pass on both Go and
TTC) to "save" $4 on parking.... d'oh!!!!

Benjamin Medinets