 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1252
Re: rtlToronto....robotics event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 10:07:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ka-On Lee writes:

Hay my bot could work if I have a second light sensor, a sorting door that
does not over-sort, bigger cargo bay that doesn't jam, and......  ;)

I wasn't referring to <YOUR Bot, Ka-on> :)
Actually, your bot was very nice...nice colour scheme, nothing too extreme
on the design...

As far as event location...it was absolutely perfect....

It's good except parking.

well...it is downtown Toronto...(no further explaination required)

I'd have to conclude that in General...the event was excellent despite not
having a robot....

Well you don't have the pressure of trying to fix a stupid bot that just refuse
to work, or watching the motor burn out when they jam, or watch your little bot
being torn apart by a giant bot... It is even more fun with that. ;)

Well, you know the satisfied feeling of having an entry into the competition
...the simple pride in participating in something great...that was missing
for me...(though I had tonnes of fun keeping score....making myself
act "official" for the robot games).
But you are probably right...I would have a very hard time trying to enter a
robot and keeping it well maintained for the competition.