 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12391
Re: Janey's RTLToronto ROLL CALL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:50:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote:

BIG BOY BED?

Do you mean "Big boy IN bed"?

    Iain

Just to clarify before this gets totally out of hand "in the reading between the
lines department" (grrrrrrrr @ Chris for ripping something out of context), "big
boy bed"[1] is correct, but the other works also!

*MY* definition of the expression "big boy bed" comes from parents convincing
toddlers that moving out of a crib to the twin (or single) bed is really "cool"
and makes you all grownup!  This seems to work for most children because,
apparently being grown up is important to a kid. It's ironically funny how we
end up fighting that urge once we are actually "all grown up".  (Like I have to
say that to a group of AFOLs).  Of course, this all stems from the, oh so
popular debates about why single male "adult" fans of Lego, that want to have a
significant other for long (or short) term relations can't seem to find (or
keep) that partner.  Somehow I have come to the conclusion that the "big boy
bed" is a major factor in these relationships being hampered, but of course,
that's just a theory.  I have it on good authority that there is actually no
problem with the big bed syndrome, so who knows??? Perhaps my bed standards are
just set way too high and they are clouding my vison of rational thinking.

Since I always have to offer my two coppers...

I've crashed in single beds with a significant other, nad I've crashed in larger
beds--twin and up, with a significant other.  Now the single, being all so cute
and small, is fun for the first couple of nights, but, and I mind you that I'm
leaving everything else but sleep out of this discussion!!!--no 'gutter talk'
here!!!!--, after a while, it just doesn't work as a continuous sleeping
arrangement, though adds an enormous 'snuggle' factor (again, 'sleeping
snuggle'-- minds outta the gutter!!)

Now the most comfortable crashing with someone else is when there's a futon
cushion on the floor--that way the 'sprawl factor' for either of us when
sleeping is pretty much covered and the only thing we have to worry about is the
sharing of the sheets.

Now, of course, I have a queen mattress and box spring (donated to the 'Dave
needs furniture for his new house' foundation from Papa) but I do have a 'Noah's
Arc' wallpaper border around the room which I haven't removed yet because to do
so would naturally lead to painting the room, and I just don't care to paint
right now.  So I have  BBB in a LBR.  Add that to Janey's research paper.  I can
state since I've moved into that room that I've had no one else occupy my bed
with me.  Maybe it is the wallpaper.

In
conclusion,  more studies will need to be completed before we actually know if
there is a correlation between those two factors.  This is one medical study I
think they will have no problem getting volunteers for.

I'm starting to wonder why I feel responsible for explaining a thread I didn't
even create. (Did I mention I was grrrrrrrring at Chris???)

Janey "Why am I here when I should be building? Red Brick"

Grring at Chris is okay.  It's when the women start 'rrrrowrr-ing' at Chris when
I start rollign my eyes and scope out the Exit signs...

Dave K