 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12381
Re: Janey's RTLToronto ROLL CALL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:54:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote:

BIG BOY BED?

Do you mean "Big boy IN bed"?

    Iain

Just to clarify before this gets totally out of hand "in the reading between the
lines department" (grrrrrrrr @ Chris for ripping something out of context), "big
boy bed"[1] is correct, but the other works also!

*MY* definition of the expression "big boy bed" comes from parents convincing
toddlers that moving out of a crib to the twin (or single) bed is really "cool"
and makes you all grownup!  This seems to work for most children because,
apparently being grown up is important to a kid. It's ironically funny how we
end up fighting that urge once we are actually "all grown up".  (Like I have to
say that to a group of AFOLs).  Of course, this all stems from the, oh so
popular debates about why single male "adult" fans of Lego, that want to have a
significant other for long (or short) term relations can't seem to find (or
keep) that partner.  Somehow I have come to the conclusion that the "big boy
bed" is a major factor in these relationships being hampered, but of course,
that's just a theory.  I have it on good authority that there is actually no
problem with the big bed syndrome, so who knows??? Perhaps my bed standards are
just set way too high and they are clouding my vison of rational thinking.  In
conclusion,  more studies will need to be completed before we actually know if
there is a correlation between those two factors.  This is one medical study I
think they will have no problem getting volunteers for.

I'm starting to wonder why I feel responsible for explaining a thread I didn't
even create. (Did I mention I was grrrrrrrring at Chris???)

Janey "Why am I here when I should be building? Red Brick"