 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12341
12340  |  12342
Subject:
The Toy Blox - Lego Superstore!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:17:53 GMT

ATTENTION ALL WHO LIVE EAST OF YONGE STREET

Or those that feel like a trip.

The new super Lego store in Whitby is The Toy Blox as mentioned upthread.

After going there last weekend, it is quite simply a blast.  It is a Lego-only
store.  Because of this, it means that whatever set there is, be it common
retail release or a S@H exclusive, they will carry it.  They had Cloud City, the
Maersk ship etc.  Now I didn't see the ISD, but basically everything else and in
high volumes.

The store itself is a great environment.  The are setting up display cases and
shelves with classic and new sets, as well as a 10x30 foot centre table that
will hold a giant dioramma of trains, town, ships etc.  For those adults out
there with kids, they have a big play area with a whole buncha stuff for the
little 'uns to play with as well.

They are still unpacking everything and once that is done, they will be setting
up tonnes of new stuff as well as......PICK A BRICK!!!!  Truly awesome.

Now I wouldn't expect slasher deals as they are a direct store, but I would
imagine TLC authorized discounts could be a possibility.

They are going to be hosting competitions, both for adults and kids only,
workshops and other events in the new year.

The owners work in the store and seem like really nice folks and open to any and
all questions.

In short, I think this is a great retail addition to the Toronto Lego scene.

Their specifics:

The Toy Blox
Kendalwood Plaza
1801 Dundas Street East
Unit 21
Whitby, Ont
L1N 7C5
email:  thetoyblox@rogers.com

I'll see if they will agree to some pics to post once they get a little more set
up.

Drop by and support these good folks!

-Gil