 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12251
Re: Fire side chat with Chris. re: RTL18
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:18:29 GMT

Calum whined at me and said that I needed to pay more attention to the bicker on
line about what the rules and scoreing should be.

Whined is a little strong.  All I'm saying is that people need to actively
participate or rtlToronto will soon be like .scibrick or something :)

So to start, lets all gather around the nice fire. in my living room.
http://www.thepyroguys.com/home/2_Medium_Java.htm
Get comffy.  OK, Calum can take notes, now that my Broadband connection is Wireless B.   Calum have you been served DHCP yet?  GOOD.

Hold on, I still need to Putty into my email.  Ah, there we go.

2.  RTL is  losing the "old timers" to newly aquired lives/girlfriends/jobs.  If
we are to see the continued success of our group we either need to BAN ALL WOMEN
from our lives, ~OR~  make games that entice new members.  to me that means
"easier" games.

That or everyone start participating again.

2a.  easier games may not entice old timers but lets be BLUNT, when was the last
time you saw a robots from (fill in blank) all in one game??  case in point;
this last game was mostly populated by MY fantasic robot and 9 other robots that
I probably beat. but no one has told me yet.  (BTW wayne, where is my RCX?)

I have it.  I'm still trying to figure out what pieces are mine.  Come on by and
pick it up when you're in the area.  I can't believe you all used LIGHT SENSORS.
Come on, we can forgive Greg.  But Wayne?  He's a genius!  Rob!?  He's a genius
too!  (well, Rob gets points because he tried to build his own rotation sensor
using cams and a touch) I learned from the master well.  Iain always uses
Rotation because Rotation is good.

You know, DaveK mentioned something very telling about last Saturday:  We had
ten entries, and almost all of them worked.  The difference between first,
second and third were only two points.

3. so an older game will allow the new guys to move up from dragracing, AND if
the old guys want to play; its still not a bad game.  Sure its not Project X,
but we can work up to that again when the new guys get up to speed.

4a.  Block scoring.   I've skimmed many of the posts and have seen too many

I like Steve's proposal.  We should go with it.

5.  Size limits.  Bruce has some valid points as to not limiting size.  BUT
no other reason than " Cause it think it would be neat."  I hope you can over
come any disagreement and will still find the challange.

I like the size limit.

6. I'm hungry.

So am I.  I missed lunch today.

ok. now off to get calum to do a webpage rule set.

I'll do it up tonight.

Calum