 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12246
12245  |  12247
Subject:
Fire side chat with Chris. re: RTL18
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:44:54 GMT

OK,

Calum whined at me and said that I needed to pay more attention to the bicker on
line about what the rules and scoreing should be.

I said that I was barely skimming the posts, and would agree with whatever was
commonly aggreed upon.

So to start, lets all gather around the nice fire. in my living room.

http://www.thepyroguys.com/home/2_Medium_Java.htm

Get comffy.  OK, Calum can take notes, now that my Broadband connection is Wireless B.   Calum have you been served DHCP yet?  GOOD.

OK.

1. the next game will be blockstacking.  sure we've done it a million times, but
its nice.

2.  RTL is  losing the "old timers" to newly aquired lives/girlfriends/jobs.  If
we are to see the continued success of our group we either need to BAN ALL WOMEN
from our lives, ~OR~  make games that entice new members.  to me that means
"easier" games.

2a.  easier games may not entice old timers but lets be BLUNT, when was the last
time you saw a robots from (fill in blank) all in one game??  case in point;
this last game was mostly populated by MY fantasic robot and 9 other robots that
I probably beat. but no one has told me yet.  (BTW wayne, where is my RCX?)

3. so an older game will allow the new guys to move up from dragracing, AND if
the old guys want to play; its still not a bad game.  Sure its not Project X,
but we can work up to that again when the new guys get up to speed.

4.  scoreing.  well, now that more of our members have girlfriends they are
scoring more often.

4a.  Block scoring.   I've skimmed many of the posts and have seen too many options for colour sorting and stacking. and homing and stacking, and ???  with complex rules to follow.   I kind of like the idea of adding the home, and sorting, but the socring is tough.  can anyone give me a CLEAR scenario as to why we can not KISS.   i.e.  any tower scored using the fib method, THEN we can do something SIMPLE like if its sorted, or on your home plate, then you get a bonus, OR double... or something simple.  this way the new guys can build, the  old pros can show off, and if it all works EVRYONE has fun, and build to there ability.

5.  Size limits.  Bruce has some valid points as to not limiting size.  BUT the
flipside, is that so what? if we want to impose a rule to force creatitivty. so
be it.  sorry bruce.  I think I'm going with the size limit on this one if for
no other reason than " Cause it think it would be neat."  I hope you can over
come any disagreement and will still find the challange.

6. I'm hungry.

ok. now off to get calum to do a webpage rule set.

Chris