 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12235
12234  |  12236
Subject:
Something someone mentioned a little bit ago...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:28:07 GMT

With regards to an upcoming event--think it was Calum who mentioned that a long
time ago Chris and I were interested in a 'no holds barred' robot destructo
event.

I was just thinking about it.  I'm still very much game.  If others are
interested, basically the competition is true battle 'bots, in which you build a
'bot to take out another 'bot in an fashion you can.

Unlike the television show, these 'bots would be 'true' robots--being controlled
by an RCX instead of RC.

Most people balked at this 'cause they didn't want to destroy an RCX.  I always
said that if you build a robot that leaves the RCX exposed enough to get
destroyed, eh, :)

If no one else is interested, I'd even go for a RC battle 'bot competition
again, just like Live 2, for the sheer fun of it.

IIRC, all those that entered Live 2 had a great time (except Wayne, who fried a
control unit...)

Just more ideas for the mix :)

Dave K