 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12236
Re: Christmas Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:38:04 GMT

I just received the registration letter from Frank Steele, the event
co-ordinator for the Train show Nov 20 and 21.

In it he mentions that he's expecting the 15' x 15 LEGO train layout as well as
an 'Interactive LEGO table for kids!'

Did we promise something that I don't remember?  I don't recall anything
specific about this.

Uh, no.  He can "expect" a kick in the pants from my foot!  Where did THAT come
from?

I'm sick of all these damned train shows and their "expect a booth vendor" or
"expect a kids play area" or "expect one of you to wake up at 5AM for an on
screen call time to help promote your back water senior citizen display fair".

"Hi, come help us make money.  Help us attract families and kids to our mostly
old-greying-men train show with dwindling attendance numbers by allowing us to
advertise that you'll babysit kids free with your spare time and personal Lego
collection!  Do it for the good of your hobby, promote your club!"

How about I promote a 2x4 to the back of your head!  Grr :)

Calum
PS-You can add Train Show Organizers to the Calum-Ball list now, thank you.
Right below homeschooling and just above Linux users.