 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11437
Re: must ... stop... buying... LEGO...!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 19:17:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Keith Hui wrote:
David Koudys wrote:

SO I just ordered the Ferarri (set #8386).

I think it'll be a good one for the RC modification.  Then I can have the 8448
and the 8386 scooting around the neighbourhood.

Eh, is only money and I'd spend it on more frivilous stuff if I didn't spend it
on LEGO.

Well you beat me to it, but I've ordered one too.

Well I beat all you guys to it! I had one built for a few days, then I took it
down to get the parts for my ambitious project to build a 8448 from my
stockpile. Simply could not afford one. <sob>

I had another sitting in my basement waiting for a purpose, and a guy in Quebec
won my auction for my third at US$140, shipping and all.

Bwahahahaha... cough cough

(But thanks to the German guy I bought them from that put the shipping cost on
the customs declaration I got stung with a $55 tax... OUCH.)

Keith

I was thinking there might be a benefit to ordering other things with
it, assuming free shipping, but it turns out the Ferrari just doesn't
count toward shipping.  Basically there is no benefit to buying anything
else, so I didn't.  I'll just wait and make a big order later.

Derek

Now I ordered the 10152 Maersk ship.

So all that money I saved on Friday night at WalMart by not buying any LEGO...
For Not!!!!

Eh, is only money.

It'd only go to trivial things like mortgage payments and car insurance...

Dave K