 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10942
    Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto16 Preliminary Rules Released —Calum Tsang
   (...) I agree that spooling is a valid strategy. There are two goals to having the robot within two marks: a) Definitively saying if you've "made it". b) Ruling out people who might leave a portion of the robot behind. I want to hear additional (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto16 Preliminary Rules Released —Derek Raycraft
     (...) The is why Chris' makes a good point when he says the winning robot should be the one that hits the top mark first, not passes the lower mark. If a robot is spooling there is no way to tell when it passes the lower mark. So if we say you must (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto16 Preliminary Rules Released —Chris Magno
   I have no problem with spooling. it would be a valid way to solve this. maybe an easier way to phrase the rule set would be to read: -your entire robot must be higher then 11 feet off the ground. this would allow spooling, and make sure people life (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)