 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10752
10751  |  10753
Subject:
And bringing it back to LEGO (and Space!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 06:14:39 GMT

More pictures whilst sorting, and I decided to repost a *very* old web page of
mine--it was the original reason I purchased a digital camera 6 years ago...

http://sparky.i989.net/tranquil/tranquil4.htm

A few notes:

All these sets are right from the directions, except the little modified
monorail car and the big ship at the bottom of the page--that ship is a pale
comparison to the original in the movie I made a long time ago, but I was just
tinkering one evening and that's what I built.

The movie I made back in high school that this little 'mini-story' is based on
is the reason for my run-in with the LEGO legal department many moons ago.

Number One in the story was the characters name right from the first story,
written probably around 1980ish, and is a prominent character in all
movies/stories that I made--Well before ST:TNG (just so no one thinks I stole it
:) )

You can still see some powder burns on the wing plates on the big ship--those
powder burns are from firecrackers blowing up the 'evil ship' at the end of the
movie.  I also still have the melted LEGO bricks from said scene, but thet're in
the container where i keep all my broken LEGO bricks.

Anyway, just throwing the page up 'cause I stumbled across it on one of my
archive picture CD's.  I added page 4 with the original pictures I could find.

So there you are.

Dave K