 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10426
Re: Lego to stop building Mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:40:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Michael Shiels wrote:
HEY!  15 USD is normal MSRP right?  I am not gouging which is what you are
insinuating why the nasty remarks??

a) You're taking advantage of a media-frenzy situation where the rumour is that
Mindstorms and related material is being discontinued.

b) We've repeatedly told you that for-sale posts from vendors are not welcomed
in this group.  There's no problem with offering a set or two you have extra,
but judging by your volume of posts elsewhere, it's obvious you're out selling
as a side business.  There are groups for that on Lugnet.

c) You've repeatedly started posts with "I don't want to step on any toes/cause
any friction" yet you continue to do so.

d) "And again sorry if this is not allowed I didn't want avid Mindstormers to
miss the chance for these."  Wow.  What thinly veiled huckstering.  We've told
you several times this is not allowed.  But you're doing us such a great favour!

e) Touch Sensors on Bricklink are like $5-10USD new each:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=touch+sensor

Most Lego stores cleared out those Temperature sensors at $13 USD a piece.

Take your "deals" elsewhere, please.

Calum