 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10297
  Re: ply vs turn

(...) Here are the problems I see with ties: 1. I think we are going to see a lot of ties. 2. If two robots tie, they are very likely to tie exactly the same way if they play again. Derek (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ply vs turn

(...) here are the problems I KNOW! no one has proposed a way to fairly, accurately, and consistently score this game KEEPING IN MIND that we don't know if we will have 5 robots, or 18 robots show up. AS WELL we know that with "good" software this (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ply vs turn

(...) Actually, after playing MANY games of Connect-four, I'm starting to think ties will not be a problem. I think the game is complex enough that no two people will take exactly the same approach, and one will turn out better than another. If two (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ply vs turn

(...) ummm !!!!HELLO!!!! have I not being saying this all along??? hello. can anyone hear me? Chris There's no 'I' in 'team'. There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ply vs turn

(...) what? You're breaking up. (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)