 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10287
Re: sometimes i hate the telly...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 06:15:27 GMT

Ooooh, that gives me an idea... no not the milk...

Some newspaper and paper mache--(I used to know how to spell that but i'm
getting on in years...) and et voila--Marscape!  Marscape for y'all to move the
rover'bot aroun in  Dave's abode.

Maybe I'll do that :)

Another possibility for rtlToronto16 is that no one is allowed to bring anything
to the contest except the standard Mindstorms kit, and no one knows the desolate
landscape until the day of the contest.  Then it would be a day long building
contest on the spot.

Or have two parts of the competition:

-Speed trial.  Carry three marbles in your dish as fast as you can from a
starting line to a stopping line down the hall.

-Obstacle course.

That was ranking up there with the best two hours on the telly I saw last year.
The Boeing jet didn't look quite right, imho.

There's a pretty good thread about the JSF competition on rec.aviation.military
right now:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=F-32+vs+F-35&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=bsuku1%241ld1t%241%40ID-137622.news.uni-berlin.de&rnum=1

I get new releases of NQC for my RCX all the time yet I don't look so worried.
I like the idea of patches and updates, instead of one PROM burning and then no
possibilities of updates.

Yeah, but if you screw up, the project is dead.  You can test all you want in
the lab, but you're sending your update into the wild.  Who knows what will
happen?

Calum