 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10280
Re: sometimes i hate the telly...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 03:55:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:
David Koudys wrote:

So nothing on the entire day...

   You got to get the NASA channel. I spent last night watch JPL mission control
during the MER landing, and today, my son & I will be building 7471 (a wonderful
model, even if it doesn't have the unsprung suspension).
   I realized last night, while watching the landing, that I've got enough to
finally build a functional MER-class rover (10 DOF was a problem, until this
Christmas). It was trying to understand the pathfinder rover suspension that
ended my dark ages, but I'm still trying to "do it right". Now I just need two
more 8466 tires... <grin>.

I used to get the NASA channel... now, not so much.

Grr!!

I have the rover set--is on my desk now 'cause of the touch-down.

Have fun making the 'bigger better' version :)

Take care,

Dave K