 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *13784 (-20)
  Re: new Gearbox Pack?

(...) It would increase drive tracttion, increasing acceleration, but would probibly reduce top speed through increased weight and friction. I believe this is also for the band RC car. (...) Looks like they are for the band cars as well. Derek (20 years ago, 20-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  new Gearbox Pack?

G'Day Has anyone aquired on of these: 673F Gearbox Pack? (URL) it improve the speed or just take power away from the original motors? Will it be competition legal? The wheel pack looks interesting as well, but they look like Red Beast wheels, are (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: technic tread in starwars sets

(...) Search BrickSet or the Toy Fair pics I posted... it's in both those places. I look forward to that set for that reason alone... (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: technic tread in starwars sets

(...) (URL) mmm...mmm technic treads. ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  song stuck in my head. -- OT

(URL) have this song STUCK in my head!!! Oh, wait, my MP3 player is skipping, never mind. (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  technic tread in starwars sets

set 7258 cant find a pic, but in my mania magazine catalog, has something called "wookie attack" one of the "ships" looks like a snail, with a fair amount of that somewhat rare lego technic tread. Chris (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: U

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Andrew Meyer wrote: (snip) cancelled at the poster's request (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Underactuated robotic hands

(...) The problem with this method is it applies uneven force to the object through the fingers while they are closing. So if you have two fingers and one hits the object first it will have to apply enough pressure to the object to over come the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Fixed the steering on my 8475

(...) Pictures are up on Brickshelf now at: (URL) thing to note is that in picture 13, the spring should actually be sitting straight up and down, not leaning over like that. When reassembled properly, the spring's arms should be around the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IDJ470.tx2@lugnet.com... (...) How about driving the gearing of the fingers with either the clutch gear or using belts to drive each finger to max but allow them to safely stall when (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Underactuated robotic hands

(...) I imagine it could be done with 2 standard diffs - one output of diff1 drives the input of diff2, the other output of diff1 & the 2 outputs of diff2 drive the fingers. You may have to experiment a little with gearing to get it right. Of course (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: AFOL clips

(...) Calum/other rTLers, is it OK for me to show these clips at a school Science Fair? We would simply have a computer hooked up to the 'net projecting the vids every now and then. The idea is to show what is possible with Mindstorms. Thanks, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Underactuated robotic hands

(...) parallel robots. I can't quite figure out the differential gearing that drives the three fingers. If only two fingers had to be balanced, a single differential would do, but how does it work for three fingers??? Can anyone explain to me how (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Mar 16 - 22, 2005

(...) Ahhh. I have lots of trans light blue 1x4x3 panels from all those railway expresses i go cheap--they make for great windows for skyscrapers. Dave K (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Mar 16 - 22, 2005

(...) Actually I just realized I miss read it. I was thinking of the 1x4x3 panels in trans light blue. I had just purchased some of them for John. So this isn't the deal I thought it was. Derek (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Mar 16 - 22, 2005

(...) If it was 1 window :p (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Mar 16 - 22, 2005

(...) Ouch that hurts. Derek (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A reason to watch the CBC!!

(...) Yay! How it's Made, hosted by Mark Tewksbury, Canada's own equivelant of Ty the Handy Guy. What a great show. Did they show lots of injection moulding machines? Did you catch what make they were? Any automation? Iain (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: U

(...) And I apologize for the fallout of my post--I wasn't looking for an illegal copy, just a cheaper copy :) So now that we all know better, life goes on. Dave K (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Train Regulartors @ Winners

Since winners deals in clearance items I can pretty well say no track etc yet. Regulators are on clearance I know so they end up with them. But have not seen any of the tracks etc hit clearance. (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact