 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 63
Re: Train1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 05:53:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Jeff Brundige writes:
By the way Tim, I have been to Toronto the past two weekends now and it took
me at least 5 hours to do the trip to downtown and I was cruising at a very
good speed.

Maybe it would be faster going directly South to the 401 vs doing the Smiths
Falls route.  If the show is on this side of Toronto it may also be a shorter
trip and you are on the South end of Ottawa so that will save you a bit more
time.

Just thought I would mention it.

Well, I managed to 'draft' a couple of Quebecois on my way, doing an average
of about 160 for at least half the trip, and made it in 3.5 hours. It was on
the west end of Toronto too. Probably the fastest I've ever made the trip,
and most likely the fastest I ever will. It was a very rushed trip, but well
worth it, even though I was falling asleep at the wheel on the way home,
although that I could have done without. I really needed more than 3 hours
sleep. Especially since I was travelling alone. I ended up staying right
till 4:30, but didn't stay for the get-together after at a restaurant. Wish
I could have, but I was already going to be late for work as it was. I tell
you, it's going to be a long night. But, boy will I sleep good tomorrow...
TTYL. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)

hmmmm.... 440km, 3.5hrs, that's 125km/h average including gas stop.