 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 61
Re: Train1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 11:24:27 GMT

I would love to go but I have other obligations.  It is our aniversary this
weekend and have other obligations.  I hope you guys decide to go and take lots
of pictures.  It sounds like fun.

By the way Tim, I have been to Toronto the past two weekends now and it took me
at least 5 hours to do the trip to downtown and I was cruising at a very good
speed.

Maybe it would be faster going directly South to the 401 vs doing the Smiths
Falls route.  If the show is on this side of Toronto it may also be a shorter
trip and you are on the South end of Ottawa so that will save you a bit more
time.

Just thought I would mention it.

Good Luck

Jeff

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Tim Strutt writes:
Hi guys,

I know you may be busy, but I just wanted to know if you guys had given
any thought
to going to Toronto for Train1 on Saturday?
I could drive if you wanted to go, and it would be a quick trip down and
back, because
a) I have to work nights (taking a little time off for this), and b) I'm
supposed to go to a
friends surprise birthday party late in the afternoon.
It's really going to be a stretch, but I think I can swing it, I just
don't want to do the trip
by myself. So if you're interested, please let me know.
Here's what I'm thinking... I have to work nights, but I'll leave early
around midnight Fri
night, and then leave for T.O. around 6 or 7am. It should take about 4
hours to get there,
and it runs from 10am to 4pm. I figure if we leave there early, around
2pm and get back
to Ottawa around 6pm, I can still make the birthday party, and then go
in to work a little
bit late. A little rushed, but it gives about 4 hours at the show.
Like I said before, I REALLY want to go, but I really don't want to go
by myself.
So, PLEASE let me know if you think you might be interested.
Thanks guys. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)