 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 228
227  |  229
Subject:
2009 Christmas Train Show Wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 04:19:06 GMT

Wow!

Just wow!

K, I’m still exhausted, but it’s a good exhausted!

So here it is--first, two vids from the show--

OBB Display at the 2009 Christmas Train Show

and

OBB Classic Space Layout at the 2009 Christmas Train Show

So with those two videos you can get an overall idea as to what was at the show.

Now comes the bit where I thank people for contributing to the show and making it, once again, an absolutely fantastic experience!

First (‘cause he as first in line Saturday morning at 6 a.m.) thanks to Jeff for bringing train and space stuff, and for working all thru the day getting it set up

Bill was there first thing as well and helped set up. He also brought a really cool viking ship!

Janey brought a whole bunch of stuff ‘as seen on tv’ :) and was volunteering at every possible moment to help with everything! From her BT logo to her train layout contribution, as usual--fantastic! She also brought a really nifty addition to the Classic Space display, what, with the monorail and the classic space logos in 3D :)

Chris, having strong back, contributed greatly to the setup and takedown. Moreover, as with his usual charming self, contributed greatly to the humour and mirth in casual conversation.

First time attendee to one of our shows, John brought his large wind turbine which mesmorized both young and old alike!

Derek contributed to the space layout and the train layout and also helped out lots by putting together all my damaged classic space vehicles/ships/buildings whilst Jeff and I set up the layout--that saved lots of time!

Oliver had a wonderful setup for the ‘end of the dogbone’--which is always one of the hardest things to work with. Oliver did a gerat job with the pond and rail yard that completed the train circuit!

Robbie and Abby were very helpful throughout both days and even built a few things for the train layout! Thanks!

Calum, making a triumphant return to shows, brought in a fantastic space ship that had all sorts of greebling! It was a very welcome addition to the display!

Special thanks, as always, to the long suffering wife of mone who has to put up with my hobby--the hobby that appears to take away from the home renos and other such things... Thanks Sandy!

And Josh made an appearance as well, but he mostly slept or mowed on duplo minifigs...

Overall it was a fantastic show--I didn’t stop much on Saturday but that’s the way I like it. Sunday I got to sit and visit with my very good friends and I was very thankful for them being there.

It was also a pleasant surprise to see Iain, who came by to say hi.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the work and efforts to make our display another fantastic edition in the history of our shows!

Since I no longer maintain my own website, I’m debating where I’m going to house pictures, but there are some and I’l lget them up somewheres for y’all to peruse!

See you all in the spring!

(where we may have a considerably smaller space layout...)

Dave K