 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 603
Re: Missing Freight Loads from SuperTrain...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:07:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, David K. Z. Harris writes:
Finally, Thanks go to Steve C, and John K. for getting my parts back to me
in good shape, and in time to show off at the recent BayLUG meeting. The
passenger train was a big hit, and this meeting was the best/worst, in that
the kids who visited had trouble keeping their hands off the trains and
controls. (I had to rely on 2-3 helpers at all times, for what was
essentially two fairly small circles, with two sidings to display extra cars.)
Pictures are posted on the BayLUG site...

   http://www.baylug.org/fests/2001-03/

Cool pics. :)

Since receiving my freight trains back, the meeting was the first time I
unpacked them and used them again, and I think I'm missing a couple of the
short frieght loads. One is a variant of an older load, which was modeled as
a green tractor with seeat removed, and steering wheel packed on the white
crate/pallet. The second load that wasn't in the box was a second 'six-pack'
of all-yellow 2x2 round 'barrels' (I had two, and I found one in the box).
The tractor was a newer load, and may not have had a green-tape Zed un the
bottom (My fault).

I seem to recall both of those loads existing, and I'm fairly certain
they're in with James Powell's stuff.

I'm just curious if the load ended up with someone, or if it may have fond
a new home with a visitor to the show.

It's *extremely* unlikely that they walked away.  We were undermanned, but
had a good crowd barrier in place and any attempted pilfering would be
really obvious.

I'd say the odds are very good that your missing containers are mixed in
with James P's stuff.  The second one for sure I remember seeing at some
point, and I think the tracker as well.

Thanks,

James