 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 311
Re: Latest Larger Layout (was Re: Get-together last Sunday)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 02:07:27 GMT

Whoa.  Hold on a minute.  I'm assuming that I'm 'Adam in Calgary' right?
Did I just get volunteered for something?  I had replied on the mailing list
( I think ) that I didn't want to commit to anything, as I can't make plans
one week ahead, never mind 4 months or whatever, because I am really busy
with school.  Someone want to fill me in here?

~Adam

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:
SRC wrote in message ...
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
Alright, here it is with some "terrain" filled in.

It looks good, and I just realized that the mountain is
not on a table.  Interesting...

The tables are all there, you just have to imagine them while
following the outline, since putting the green plates tends
to hide other aspects (like buildings and mountains).    :-)

Chris wrote:
I've just been looking at the various layout pictures. I must say I
like the elegance of James' version. Just add one or two long passing
sidings for full train storage, and it would be great. Does it have
the problem of using too many tables?

Well, by my count, James' layout Ver.2 uses 2 large and 10 small
tables, while version 3 uses 4 large and 3 small. My Oct25 uses 4
large and 3 small.  Michel said that he had six of each.

Six large tables? Wow, that gives a lot of possibilities for large
layouts. Over 185 sq. feet! Bwhahaha     If James can fit that much
plywood in his van, then we can have one massive layout at Calgary...
Between John and Kevin both "should be able but can't promise" and
Adam in Calgary (and my sister could probably help watch the table
a bit too) we should be able to pull it off, right?

SRC