 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 172
Re: after action report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:52:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes:
That said, have you mentioned the Feb.17&18 2001 Calgary show?

Not yet, I don't want to push my luck.  It was bad enough that
she saw me sketching plans for the next layout last night!

Lol  -  I can see it now – other husbands hide photos of naked women,
while Michel has to hide layout diagrams.  8-)

I was thinking that if you couldn't make it, and they wanted a LEGO
train display enough to provide the table space, I could stay with my
sister (who lives down there) and perhaps borrow some of your trains
and buildings. I couldn't fit all of it into my Honda, and certainly
not the tables, but certainly enough LEGO for a great display.

Sure I could lend you some of my stuff. Lets talk about it later.
I was wondering if we should post a challenge on the Calgary Lugnet
site for the local guys to do a train display.

There’s a Calgary LUGNet site?  Certainly Calgary AFOLs should be
the ones to do a Calgary show, but I thought we’d only found a couple.

OK – If you’re a lurker in Calgary – now is the time to speak up…

I could also very likely go to Supertrain 2001.  This would solve
the transport problem; I could bring down all the tables & and a
lot of the models.

And if you’re providing the van, you could make sure it was a
train and castle layout.  ;-)

We should also consider dispensing with the barriers entirely, as
many of the other layouts there had done. If there are no loose
items near the edge (just tracks and buildings) it shouldn't be
a major problem, but the operator would have to keep a closer
eye on trains running on the outside tracks.

I really think the barriers are needed, it was really hard to keep
an eye on everything.

Me too.  If we didn't have the barrier, then the hordes would have
been hard up against the table edge - not good, IMHO.  I'm pretty
certain we'd regret not having either a barrier or plexiglass, and
my strong preference is for a barrier.

I guess you’re right – we have a much higher want-to-touch-and-pickup
factor than the conventional model trains.  Their displays are more
like a museum, while ours are more like a toy store.

SRC