 Organizations / Canada / MonLUG / 351
Re: Thank you, STCUM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:20:31 GMT

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message

http://members.nbci.com/bclairoux/subway.html

I've been in... some sort of bodily shock for the last... I'd guess hour,
going through these images.

DRAT and Double Drat.... its not letting me access to those pictures :(

It's really a horrid server. It took me like three hours to get through all
the pictures. But it was *SO* worth it.

I did come across this...

http://www.stcum.qc.ca/metro/m11.htm

Yes!

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/stcum/Berri-UQAM_Iain.jpg

That station posessed me. :D

I thought that was very lovely picture of a stainglass window over the
tracks..

Someone mailed me a few months ago and told me that the lights were BURNED
OUT and were *NOT* to be replaced. I was cross when I heard this, and have
yet to hear from anyone who can confirm that the lights are either on or off
now. They'd better be on.

I swear that staiton is going to eat me.

In that case, I may have to keep you company :) to make sure you don't!!!!

I think that... well, I don't know what I think. Verdun/Cadilliac drained
me. I will say that last year, I thought "Wow, this system is just as good
as DC's". While I still think the Washington DC metro is amazing, Montreal
has more of what I like. I like a bit of variety, excitement... somtehing to
keep me on my toes. Sometihng that I can get off at every station, and gasp,
and say "Oh wow, I had no idea!". Washington DC's beautiful architecture
repeats at just about every station... so the fun there is to try and find
the stations that don't fit the mould (Like Fort Totten's Arch3 design).

I refuse to get off at "Fabre". I simply will not. That station *frightens*
me.

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/stcum/metro2.wav (the heavenly tones I had
mentioned at the dinner after the last train event)

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/stcum/berri-uqam.wav (Mmmmmm, I want to
marry this woman)

    Iain