 Organizations / Australia / 964
Re: World club "gift" missing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:08:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Melody Brown writes:
In lugnet.org.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
G'day,

Just curious...did anyone get the keychain that was supposed to be included
with this edition of the magazine. Neither my brother or I did, and I was
wondering if this was an oversight, or false advertising on LA's behalf?

No, this is how it went, the Key chain was for renewals so if you were getting
your magazine sub renewed then you got a keyring, but if you just signed up
then you get a different set of stickers and a eraser! I received one of each,
as I placed my younger son in there who is a newie to the club! and also had a
renewal in.

Well, my brother renewed...no keyring. I had a 2 year membership...nothing.
You'd think there'd be some benefit to joining for 2 years [like the gift that
you'd get if you re-signed] as TLG already have payment and know you're
interested.

I feel sorry for all the kids who were signed up for 2 years, got the notice
about the keyrings with the previous issue and got excited about it...then the
magazine arrives, and no keyring. Not good PR for TLG. (After all, you'd thing
they'd know how to see if the person NEEDS to renew before they include the
renewel notice.

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au

Also, looks like we'll get at least the big movie-maker set next month • [though
not at all toy stores]

Nice price too :P... Mel