 Organizations / Australia / 916
Re: Studfest 2000: Part the fifth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 05:03:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Can everyone let me know what they are building for the BrikWars town.
I will then try to fill in the gaps in the town layout.
If people can fill out their 32 x 32 baseplates with whatever they want,
we can then organise the baseplate layout.
Do we want a creek/river running through/past the town or a bay or both ?
Richard was talking about a structure surrounded by water.

The barracks (government house at Port Block) is on two 32x32 plates.
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/gov/

The chapel-ish thingie is also on two 32x32 plates, and could happily sit on
four 32x32 plates to be entirely surrounded by water.  The main building is on
the large ramped island 32x32 plate, so it really wants water around.
Obviously it can be extremely low tide, so the water might only be waist
deep...

How chapel-ish is your thingie Richard? More chapel-ish or town hall-ish?
Anyway, I've just finished a 32x32 church that might be useful as general
scenery, or could lead the battle into the beautifully TL3 zone of
sectarianism (with each side claiming a superior understanding of the Hand).
I'll try to put together a smallish manor/meeting hall as well (use to be
decided on the day, depending on other contributions -- I suspect Kev could
come up with a 64x64 Town Hall of magnificent design (he subtly suggests)).

So it seems the building side of things is almost taken care of. As usual I'm
devising some sort of rabble. I suspect this mob has Republican tendencies,
with perhaps some "technical advisers" from the Continent.

Water would also provide a for a ship or two as scenery.

And perhaps a small dock and some fishermen and a houseboat or two and a few
adorable little cottages on stilts...

--DaveL