 Organizations / Australia / 723
Re: Weekly quiz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:38:20 GMT

OK, since no-one else has posted thus far, these are my four possible
choices, in order - note that I'm not going to spam the newsgroup with three
possible choices in three individual posts, I'll just pick 1, 2, 3, 4, and
some commentaries on the few remaining choices out of the likely ones.

Just pick which one is correct [2], it'll save a lot of hassles repeating an
otherwise identical post.  OR just post the answer on Sunday.  I can't
narrow them down any further, so just pick out the one that matches whatever
catalogues you had, I have all catalogues from 1981-3[1] to the present, I
think - but unfortunately no spare ones.  :-(

1.  Town [including paradisa]
2.  Space
3.  Castle
4.  Trains [any]

Aquazone

I'm pretty sure Aquazone is a very recent set line.  In fact, I'm certain of
that.

BASIC [and freestyle]
And any others you can think of :)

The BASIC set line probably counts, although I'm sure I've seen series
without minifigs, and there are almost certainly sets without minifigs.

Finally, what about Fabuland?  That was around for a while, don't forget.
;-)

[1]  I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I saw some 1981 and 1982 catalogue
releases floating around my room somewhere.  Mostly identical, though, to
each other ...

[2]  I kind of like this quiz idea, but I'd like to see something a lot
better - the choices for this quiz are quite obvious, given the fact that
there are so many to choose from.  This is *far* too vague for my liking,
it's like trying to pick which one of several likely to be correct choices
an examiner has set for a written multiple-choice exam where there are
several quite possibly correct answers to the multiple choices given to the
student sitting the exam.

And I don't mean maths tests, either!  For those, there was usually one
right answer for each multiple choice question.  :-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde