 Local / Australia / 2736
RE: Weekly quiz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 02:46:24 GMT

Okay...Follow-up Question:
Which range(s) with minifigs (I'm not counting stiffs here] prior to 1996
had been running the longest continual time in Australia. [eg, the time from
when a range was released to
when it stopped...mini-figs were released in Aus in 1978.] For this the
change from 4.5/12 V [grey AND blue tracks] trains to 9V is not a
dis-continuance...they are both classed as trains (just different themes).
The possible ranges are:

Town [including paradisa]
Space
Castle
Pirates
Western
Trains [any]
Aquazone
BASIC [and freestyle]
And any others you can think of :)

If a range stopped [ie, not in catalogues] from say 1983-1985, then the time
was 1978-1982 = 5 years for one section, and 1986-1996 = 11 years, so it's
longest run was 11 years. Likewise, if there weren't any sets with minifigs
in a particular year for a range, then that counts as a discontinued range
for that year.

Also, themes are categorised under their respective ranges...eg, blacktron =
space

And, if you think you can work it out, put the above options in order of the
longest continual run of availability with mini-figs in Australia. [Possibly
not as easy as you'd think :)]

I hope this clears everything up :)

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)