 Organizations / Australia / 210
Re: Cheap kits at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 13:16:13 GMT

Not necessarily.  If TLG and the store selling something agree that it won't
sell at the RRP (full list price I believe) sometimes they put together a
deal on the kit or kits that marks a certain amount off the affected kits.
In which case, they don't bother with the GST or tax on it, because that is
credited to the store in the deal.

At least that is how they explained it at my local store, a 6975 went from
$89.99 recently, to $53.99 simply because TLG rep made a deal with the
store, knocking some of the price off the kit in question.

Because at the previous price it had already attracted the 22% wholesale
tax, and then got knocked down by the deal, they don't reduce the price any,
since the reduction was pre-GST, and therefore the tax figures in as part of
the deal anyway.  I'm not sure if that's the correct way to do it, but
that's how it came out.

I'm still not sure if it would actually be worth picking up that kit at that
reduced price though  :o)  I might, if I can scrape a bit of cash together.
The local store had four of them at that price.

What's that got to do with 3409?  Say it had a MSRP that was lots higher,
and the stores said it wouldn't sell at that price, so TLG rep opts instead
to set it at a lower price to make it a loss leader or promo set, making a
deal in the process with the stores that want to stock it.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde