 Organizations / Australia / 1116
Re: mindstorms query
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 07:37:59 GMT

i am attempting to buy the Lego Mindstorms: Robotics Invention System (in
brisbane or by aust. mail order) and am having no luck.  is it in fact
available in australia?  and if so, do you know where i might get it?  i
would probably also like the Ultimate Accessory Kit.

The places I have seen the RIS on the shelf in Brisbane are:

* Myer Queen Street, but no suburban Myer

* Toys R Us Aspley, but cunningly hidden in the electronics section instead
of the main Lego area

Dick Smith sells it, but you have to ask at the counter as they don't
usually keep them out on display, and in any case, most stores never
actually seem to have any in stock anyway.

To save time, I suggest phoning each of these to see if they have stock. If
they have stock and the price is OK, pay for it over the phone with credit
card and then pick it up at your leisure. That is better than thinking there
is stock and finding it all gone when you get there.

I have never seen the Ultimate Accessory Kit in Australia. I got mine from
the USA earlier this year, so I was interested to hear that Dick Smith now
carry it. According to the Dick Smith WWW site, it is not available in any
of the Qld stores, so their on-line shop would be your only option. Of
course if Dick Smith has it, then you might also find it in Myer or TRU, but
again I'd use the phone to find out.

Kerry