 Organizations / Australia / 1096
Re: Set wanted [6465] and reason (and LA does NOT win friends here)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 21:48:45 GMT

You know, all this trouble means that there's probably going to be a major
retaliatory brick-migration.  Heck, if the larger MB sets some have noticed
are actually worth my while, I may buy a few myself.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Who wouldn't particularly mind if no-one joined in, although someone's
undoubtedly going to, while everyone will point fingers, and anyone could
get hurt.)

Benjamin Whytcross <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I was up at my local toyworld this morning to check on the status of an
order I had, and I was informed that this store has ceased to deal with • LA
(and has cancelled all orders) for the remainder of the year following • LA's
poor treatment/refusal to assist the store.

Good for business !

Apparently the store has been trying to get assistance with clearing • their
stock of lego [remember the UFO sets [6975 in particular] and how they • hung
around...Rock raiders are the same/worse] that was dumped on quite a few • of
the smaller toy chains, along with some lines that just don't sell • (belville
figures for example...how many people have you seen buy these sets?].

Erina Toyworld have the three medium RR sets for half-price, it's almost • a
quarter of their display. When the RR get in somewhere, they get in big • time.

I don't know whether they were after LA taking back some of the sets or
giving the store a subsidy to help sell them [like BigW gets for the • 2870s
(as if we need them to be subsidised to buy them) and 6568s] as I didn't
ask, but I know that the store has hadd repeated trouble with LA and • their
reps when trying to get this set in, phoning them and not getting their
calls returned, and the reps being at least 3 weeks late on visiting the
store (the rep phoned and said they'd be in on the friday of that week. • 3
weeks later they still hadn't visited.)

An AFOL I spoke to today, said they got terse phone treatment from LA • when
inquiring about a particular set's availability. They were told if you • aren't
a retailer, stop annoying us. Guess it's just not members of the public
getting this treatment.

I'm certainly not looking forward to their customer service if S@H ever
arrrives here. [then again, I'm probably in their bad books for exposing
their bad customer service practices anyway, so I may not be objective
enough to give an un-biased review if it ever arrives...and if they accept
my orders :) ]

And how are we expected to get those train sets that miraculously arrived,
and could be ordered from LA last christmas...and which they didn't inform
anyone of? I think LA need to do a SERIOUS review of their business
practices. [After all, I wrote away to Lego US a year or two ago, asing to
get a copy of their catalogue, and they sent me one with a nice letterr
explaining that they couldn't take orders outside the US, but that I could
probably find someone on the internet who could order the sets and send • them
to me. Any bets what sort of reply someone from outside Aus would get from • LA?]

Unfortunately, if LA don't improve their service, they are going to lose • a
large number of sales (and possibly outlets if other stores decide that • the
treatment they are receiving is unsatisfactory), and I can forsee quite • a
few people making use of the on-line ordering of lego when [though "if" • is
seeming to be more accurate...I phoned LA about the world club key-ring
problem, and asked about it...It's still in discussion/planning stage] • it
becomes available in Aus (though if it is run by LA, then a back order • may
take months to come through, with no news from LA about what is • happening.)

Anyway...does anyone know where I can get this set? [when I ordered it
(about 2 months ago) I was informed it ws possible to get in, and I • needed
it for a trade...and I still need it.]

Do you mean the 6568 ? Some Big W's still have them.

Nope...6465. [I got a 6568 this afternoon...not bad at under $20 :) ]

Benjamin Whytcros

pw