 Organizations / 591
Re: Press releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:36:00 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> schreef in bericht
news:HLFoLL.1yyD@lugnet.com...
Anyone have any sample press releases they'd be willing to share?

Do you want to know how to write a press release? Or am I missing the
message here :-) ?
I have some samples if you want, but they're all in Dutch so I don't think
it'll benefit you.
The official press releases of Lego.com are good examples of an English
press release I think.

If you have any photomaterial, make sure you add a high-res version of it,
or make clear where to get it (maybe put it on a website). Also add a
contact phone number or a  website address and or email. This info (contact
information and info where to get the photomaterial) goes at the bottom, in
a separat piece of text.
Sent it out to many places, papers/websites get a lot of press releases but
if it's something for them they will use it. If it's not, they'll just throw
it away.

Maybe you allready know all this, but I thought I'd write it down. If you
want more pointers, English is not my native language, but because of my
work I've seen many, many press releases.

Hope it helped.
Greetz,
Saskia