 Organizations / 580
579  |  581
Subject:
Resource Sharing (was: Kicking the Brick with: Paul Hartzog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:04:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney wrote:
   I think it would be wonderful to see a community project change all of that. Sure, new initiatives are always fueled by a few dedicated people - but if those in leadership positions change their attitude from “my site, my sandbox,” to “my site, but our community,” we can start to get somewhere.

Paul, I know you and I have talked about these ideas at length. I think you have a lot of valuable things to say to the community as a whole, and to webmasters willing to listen. I’ve also talked to a few others among you about these ideas, and know you have similar thoughts.

Well I would be willing to tie in the MichLUG.org website into a community project where it makes sense. Although I can’t readily think of a place where it does makes sense. (1)

   To Paul and to anyone interested in answering:
What would be your approach for putting into action a plan to see better sharing of information and resources amongst fan sites?

This kind of thing is beyond the scope of my knowledge and experience to implement. But, as someone who cares about the future of the LEGO community, I’d like to see this come to pass. I’d love to hear others ideas on this subject as well :-)

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG

(1) Butting in because I think Tim has some good points and I also would like to see sharing between the community sites.