 General / 43095
Re: Resource Sharing (was: Kicking the Brick with: Paul Hartzog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:32:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney wrote:
   I think it would be wonderful to see a community project change all of that. Sure, new initiatives are always fueled by a few dedicated people - but if those in leadership positions change their attitude from “my site, my sandbox,” to “my site, but our community,” we can start to get somewhere.

Paul, I know you and I have talked about these ideas at length. I think you have a lot of valuable things to say to the community as a whole, and to webmasters willing to listen. I’ve also talked to a few others among you about these ideas, and know you have similar thoughts.

Well I would be willing to tie in the MichLUG.org website into a community project where it makes sense. Although I can’t readily think of a place where it does makes sense. (1)

Cool :-) I think club sites could integrate nicely with a community project like that. Imagine an interactive events calendar database, searchable all different ways, that a club could post events on... just for starters.

   (1) Butting in because I think Tim has some good points and I also would like to see sharing between the community sites.

Feel free! Glad you feel the same way :-)

-Tim