 Organizations / 210
Re: Question about LEGOz for LUGMAP.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 03:14:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Eric Kingsley writes:
Hey all, I just have a quick question about LEGOz.

Hi Eric!

As some of you know I am working on the LUGMAP,

http://www.lugnet.com/map/

It's a great idea! Good woork!

I am wondering what the best way to represent LEGOz is.  Does LEGOz represent
all of Australia or does it represent a smaller section of Australia (I
noticed a lot of LEGOz posts in Sydney).

LegOz (as opposed to LEGOz - too similar to LEGO and LEGOs) represents the
whole of Australia. Whilst most (in fact all at this stage) of the action is
taking place in Sydney + surrounds, we would like it to move nation-wide as
soon as possible.

If LEGOz represents all of Australia does that include Tasmania?

They were still down there last time I checked unless New Zealand has stolen
them. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've checked <shouting>
Yoohoo!!! Tasmania!!! Are you there??? <concerned> no response. Hmmm... but,
yes it does include Tasmania (poor things get forgotten about all the time. 6
states and 2 territories over here, easy for us to remember.

If LEGOz represents a specific local area in Australia what would the best way
to represent that area?  Any recommendations are welcome and any pictoral or
map referances would be great.

I think the NSW branch of LegOz will eventually be called Studs. At the moment
the group (Studs) is limited to those in striking distance of Sydney, but we
haven't had too many people too far away (Central Coast and Canberra are the
current limits, with a transient Lithgowite). At this stage I'd just rope
around each of the states (but include the ACT as part of NSW for the moment)
with a link to an enlargement and further links to group sites. See
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/stud/ for more info (and a link for the
map). The other states when they come on line can dream up their own name if
they like.

Thanks for the help,

Pleasure.

Pete Callaway