 Off-Topic / Testing / 4108
MOC: Minifig-scaled vehicles based on the M.A.S.K. toyline!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:42:28 GMT

Howdy all!

This is my first post on Lugnet...and these are my first building projects!
Anyhoo, when I was a young lad, I built a 4-wide minifig-scale tractor rig
based on the Rhino--a tractor rig from the M.A.S.K. toyline (check this link
if you don't know what M.A.S.K. is:
http://www.albertpenello.com/mask/toys.html). It had a working battering ram
(i think) and it had the rocket in the back but that was pretty much it. It
is now some 15 or so years later and I've decided to make a better, more
accurate version of one of my favorite MOC's from my childhood.

And so the Rhino was my first project, and it turned out decent IMO. I'm
pretty sure some things could be done better, but I'm quite new at figuring
out how to do certain things with lego's. My second project was the Gator,
an off-road jeep that had an attack boat hidden inside it. My most recent
project was the Manta, a Nissan 300ZX that turns into an attack plane.

Here's the link to my galleries on Brickshelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Mista-Carrot

With all these MASK vehicles, the toughest part has been figuring out all
the mechanics and the best way to implement them. So please take a look and
let me know what you think! I'd especially like to hear from those who
played with MASK toys as a child or watched the cartoon.

Garett Yoshimura