 Off-Topic / Testing / 4061
  is shorter better

My first try was, I quote, held for authentication. I wonder why. PL (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: is shorter better

(...) I regret to report this second try was also held, but at least it went thru immediately when I authenticated via http. The first try I replied to authenticate - seemingly that authentication is less reliable. I imagine the issue is @aol.com (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: is shorter better

(...) Yep. Abandoning Aol per se and logging into the web mail @ aol and replying from there, while remarkably slow when connected by an ordinary phone line, does immediately authenticate a post to appear here i.e.: (URL) I'll go report back to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test)