 Off-Topic / Pun / 998
Re: Groan of the week #24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:08:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Jeremy Scott writes:

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Ross Crawford writes:
A man goes into a restaurant wearing a shirt open at the collar and is met
by a bouncer who tells him he must wear a necktie to gain admission. So the
man goes out to his car and he looks around for a necktie and discovers that
he just doesn't have one.

He sees a set of jumper cables in his trunk. In desperation he ties these
around his neck, manages to fashion a fairly acceptable looking knot and
lets the ends dangle free. He goes back to the restaurant and the bouncer
carefully looks him over for a few minutes and then says

"Well, OK, I guess you can come in - just don't start anything."

I'm sure his attire sparked quite the conversation.

Wonder if he paid with his charge card? Do you suppose he found any
electrifying conversation there?

Matt