 Off-Topic / Geek / 994
  Re: KDE/new Redhat install (was Re: Has anyone ever been)

(...) Well, there are generally _much_ more users per server, per admin, and per company. And they're all clients which have to be treated with respect. And there'more bandwidth involved. In general, though, the main difference is that as an ISP you (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: KDE/new Redhat install (was Re: Has anyone ever been)

(...) Ah, ok. Well, aside from the fact that I treat all my clients/customers with respect, I agree. But I tried especially hard when I was in charge of the network support center for the students on campus and all our dial-up stuff. But even then, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: KDE/new Redhat install (was Re: Has anyone ever been)

(...) Oh, that usually is the case - but universities and corporate environments do tend to be more forgiving of late-night downtime than ISP, as far as I can tell. (...) You and everybody else in the business, apparently. (...) barney:~$ telnet (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)