 Off-Topic / Geek / 815
    Re: Science Fiction (was Re: Transit Time to Mars) —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is beter. I think it originated (or developed to a much greater degree) several neat topics, including magnetic catapults, kinetic weapons, and a computer that becomes self aware spontaneously and makes his (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Science Fiction (was Re: Transit Time to Mars) —James Brown
     (...) Spider. One of my friends swears by him, I tend to find him somewhat blindly optimisitic. That being said, though, Calahan's (et al) is fantastic. James (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Science Fiction (was Re: Transit Time to Mars) —Christopher Lannan
   (...) I agree- my favorite author and onr of my favorite of his books. It seems that early on he was more about hard sf and moved later into social questions. I really liked "To Sail Beyond the Sunset"- he actually has a father sleep with his (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)