 Off-Topic / Geek / 740
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 05:07:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes:
Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:

God, I hope not. StarOffice is almost buggier and more bloated than
MSOffice.

Yep, StarOffice bites.

Yeah? Bummer - I only ever played about with it for about half an hour before,
and I found it miraculous to effortlessly load msword docs on my solaris box at
work! Not that I needed to of course, as all the documentation I did was in
wonderful roff, but it was nice to have the option to do so without having to
resort to using a PC.
.p
So what's wrong with it? The fact that it's written in Java and runs like a
lame dog? Presumably that will become less of a problem. It's worthy of some
interest though if only because it'd be nice to have an open alternative to
MSOfice!

Richard