 Off-Topic / Geek / 718
Re: Anyone been relocated by an employer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 01:35:12 GMT

A relo by a new employer and by an existing one are two different
things. New employers will only rarely help with selling your current
house.

But this is the late 90s, anything is negotiable if your skills are hot
enough.

I personally would hold out for several hunting trips, a large lump sum
that you can spend as you see fit (backed by receipts) tax assistance on
that sum (as the sum will be taxable) and shipment of all your goods
(including packing, but not unpacking).

If your wife works, a guarantee of a job or serious hunting assistance
would be a must as well.

Your mileage may vary...