 Off-Topic / Geek / 70
Re: Multi-purpose tools.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:35:00 GMT

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 08:57:27 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@geocities.com> writes:

I don't like the Leatherman tools.  Their handles in plier mode cut into my
hand, and the knife blades don't lock open (!).

The new Leatherman Wave fixes both these problems.  At much higher
price, of course.

higher price? You can get them delivered for less than $70. The only
shop I've found that carried Laetherman over here has the Wave at 300
guilders, which amounts to a cool $150 USD.

Yes, you read that right. Well over twice.

Anyway, with the old Leatherman tools, closing the handles after opening
the knife blade gives some protection; the knife blade can't fold too
much.  But it's still a bad point.

Yeah.. I cut my finger near in half once when my Victorinox (I think I
was still using the "Camping" back then, as opposed to my current
SwissChamp), when it closed on my finger. It's scary when your finger
joint moves sideways, rather than just up and down.

Jasper