 Off-Topic / Geek / 639
Re: fun fun fun - new BP6 dual celeron system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:27:39 GMT

Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote:
Abit BP6 (supports dual Socket 370 Celerons)
2x oem Celeron 366's (running at 550)

oooh.. (dreaming of faster cgi server for DAT explorer)

Well, after many hours of testing, I've decided to run these at 522
max (95x5.5).  NT just doesn't seem to run too happily for some
reason on this system at 550.  I could probably try to tweak it out
some more, but for what I'm going to be using this system for, dual
522 is just fine.

Now that sounds like an intentional "feature".  I remember a few (ok, many)
years ago I was experimenting with overclocking 486 DX/2-66's.  I got an early
version that ran solid up to about 84MHz and gradually became unstable above
85MHZ until it wouldn't boot at 90MHz.  My friend bought one a few months
later and the thing ran solid up to 79.99999MHz and then stopped dead ( I used
a textronix variable clock generator). So we ran it at 75MHz since I had picked
up a bunch of 75MHz oscillators at a Hamfest.  I had already made a divide by
two adaptor so I could use just about any oscillator I could find.

Wow, I stand in awe of a true old-school overclocker.  :)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/