 Off-Topic / Geek / 62
  Re: SETI@Home?

(...) As far as I can tell on my windows box, it only uses the not-needed-right-now cycles. Linux should _easily_ do that, as process prioritization is built into it. I know the linux rc5 client is permanently niced to 10, or something like that. (I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: SETI@Home?

(...) Yeah, I might see if it can play nice for a day or so. 'Course, bandwidth is more of an issue for me than processor power if the SETI client CAN play nice. But since I checked out (URL) last night and setup a website with CGI capability, I may (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)