 Off-Topic / Geek / 4991
  What is this thing?

(URL) guesses?> (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) A industrial machine to shape the crowns of hats using steam. Here's a brief job description of the person running one of these: (URL) holes allow for steam to come through and soften the hats. The dual mounts allow one hat to soften while the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) It does--thanks! "PARIS HOT-HEAD TANDEM HEAD HAT BLOCKER" I was able to parse exactly 0% of that. Well, maybe the individual words sort of made sense, but all in a row like that, I was totally lost. Thanks again. Now if I need to steam some (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) I parsed it just fine. However I didn't get the meaning Clark did, what I got had something to do with Paris Hilton. So, fine, but incorrect. (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) Ah. The old "precision vs.accuracy" thing. Got it. The funny (well, maybe it's funny--you tell me) thing is that I stumbled onto that listing by hunting for clone bricks. I searched "+tandem +block*" and that's what turned up. Dave! (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)