 Off-Topic / Geek / 4960 (-5)
  Re: Need help with annoying pop-ups in WinXP

(...) A brief Google search yielded this: (URL) last post seems to blame Messenger which appears to be the cause of the above problem. -Orion (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Need help with annoying pop-ups in WinXP

(...) Hey, I've been having a similar problem! All the popups come if I open MSN messenger, or IE. They also take me to some *&%#@& 'Kita-search.com' 'here4search.com' 'win-eto.com' and some more. I've run Norton, but even after it wipes everything (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Need help with annoying pop-ups in WinXP

Hey y'all, I'm hoping one of you super cyberpunks can help me out here. In the last few months I've been getting these pop-ups stating that my registry or something else may be infected, corrupted, etc. They want me to type in the web address (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: perl question

(...) You can try this: od -c scriptfile.pl and look for \r chars (in addition to the usual \n chars) to see if that's the problem. (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  perl question

Pointers to where to look in the perl docs or Faq on cpan.org gladly taken. I have a perlscript I want to run on both wintel and linux, and I want to invoke it from an outer script. (.bat on wintel and some shell script, sh, ksh, bash or csh on (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact