 Off-Topic / Geek / 4890 (-5)
  Transient Lunar Phenomenon

Man, it's cool when the billiard balls arrange themselves thusly: (URL) 2 second exposure taken through the eyepiece of an Edmund Scientific Astroscan... Cheers, Mark (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: iMac

(...) Oh, I assumed as much. I mean, I've been using Linux as my primary desktop for long enough that having things break does actually surprise me. I think the only times I messed up my desktop was when messing with the (proprietary) video (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: iMac

(...) OS-X is awesome. At least I think so... :) In 1.5 years of using OS-X I've had 1 (count em folks only one) kernel panic[1]. Very stable OS. I'm coding against J2SE 1.4.1 on a lowly iMac G3 (using Project Builder, not even XCode) and I'm very (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Universal Universal remote

My iPaq has NEVO remote software that will allow you to control just about anything (except, apparently, the Mindstorms RCX). I have it set up for several tv's in local restaurants because they are always too loud or showing something meaningless (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Sonar question

(...) If you saw the world in sound waves, then yes, you could see them. A bat can pinpoint objects smaller than a fly and at speeds that the human eye has trouble being able to track. Not because light is faster than sound, which it is not, but (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact